Below is an update from the developer:
The Centrepiece Residences development at 801 Centre Road Bentleigh East is progressing well.
Since the last update in early December 2018, the following key milestones have been achieved:
- All pad footings and in-ground services to the western half of the site are complete
- The lower basement slab (LB2) to the western half of the site (apartment tower section) has been poured
- Preparation of the upper basement slab (LB1) to the western half of the site has commenced, with the pouring of this slab scheduled to occur in late February
- The tower crane has been installed, commissioned and is in operation
- All in-ground external stormwater works have now been completed, with only road reinstatement works St Georges Avenue remaining
- The following key milestones are scheduled to be achieved over the next few weeks:
- Installation of the ground floor slab to the western half of the site (apartment tower section)
- Continuation of the concrete structure to the western half of the site
- Installation of external perimeter elements (precast and blockwork) to the western half of the site
It is worth noting that the ground floor slab (or transfer slab) is the most complex concrete pour in the project. It consists of a number of folds and set downs in the concrete structure, as well as being heavily reinforced to support the apartment tower levels above. As a consequence, this slab pour will take a number of weeks to complete. Once completed, the floors to the upper levels will be a lot simpler in their construction, resulting in approved cycle times and ultimately the completion of the concrete structure to the tower at which stage is currently forecasted to for completion by middle of 2019.